Friday, January 24, 2014

The Road to CCNP 642-902

Having completed my CCNA and all my classes (and then some) at WGU I decided to jump in on my CCNP studies. For those of you that don't know, the CCNP consists of three exams: CCNP ROUTE, CCNP SWITCH, and CCNP TSHOOT. It's common practice to start with ROUTE/SWITCH and the do TSHOOT last.

I decided to start with ROUTE. Why? Because a friend of mine posted a pretty great OSPF topology he was running in GNS3 and I wanted to try my hand at it. Here is my study plan so far:

  • CBT Nuggets Videos for CCNP ROUTE
  • Cisco Press CCNP ROUTE Book, by Wendell Odom
  • GNS3 Labs
  • Online Research

That sums up my current plans for Cisco Certifications. I have around 40 days left in my college semester and after that things will be hectic for a while as I try to get another 20+ credits out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment